ICT Games is a wonderful site with lots of interactive games and activities for primary children. The site is always growing and James Barrett, the creator, has produced some great resources that children can use at home or at school. Here are some links to a selection of them:
- Saucer Sorter – A counting stick for your interactive whiteboard… using the numbers to practise counting forward and backwards in steps… rearrange numbers and ask pupils to put them in the correct order… hide numbers with the star bar and get the children to say what is missing…
- Mummy Numberline – An interactive numberline for simple addition and subtraction.
- Counting Caterpillar – A wonderful game for KS1/2 pupils which requires them to order numbers.
- Count On Catapult – An exciting game which lets children practise counting on to the next 10.
- Change Exchanger – With three levels of difficulty, this game asks children to scan items on the checkout and calculate the amount of change that is needed.
- Editable Interactive Whiteboard Dictionary – An impressive dictionary which you can show on your interactive whiteboard, to support children with their writing.
- Day and Night – Learn how we get day and night by using this interactive guide.
James has also produced lots of ‘Bingo’ style activities covering a range of topics:
All of the games are fantastic quality, so schools are very lucky that they are available online for free. You can follow James on Twitter to see when he adds new resources to the site.