The British Library site is a wonderful resource for teachers. It’s full of different activities and content which cover different areas of the curriculum.
Some of the resources include:
- Victorians – A huge collection of digital resources which children can use when learning about the Victorians.
- Playtimes – Explore 100 years of children’s songs, rhymes and games. The Kids’ Zone has some great video clips of children playing in the past… how do they compare with children playing on your school’s playground today?
- Sounds Familiar? – This area of the site shares sound recordings which highlight the different regional accents and dialects around the UK.
- Mapping History - A large assortment of digitised maps and information about mapping over hundreds of years. This also includes an exploration of how and why maps lie between fact and fiction.
- Visits and Workshops – The British Library also offer free workshops, tours and activities for groups.