Safer Internet Day takes place this week on the 7th February. The aim of the day is ‘ to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially amongst children and young people across the world.’ Here’s a video which gives more information about the day:
Here are some of my favourite resources that you can use to support your work on the day:
1) A ‘Safer Internet Day Kit for Schools‘ is available with resources, lesson plans, competitions and certificates.
2) The ThinkUKnow site has resources that can be used with different ages groups:
4) KidSmart have a wide range of resources and interactive games that can be used in class.
5) Vodafone also have lots of useful information for parents to help them keep their children safe online.
7) There are also lots of e-safety videos on Teaching Videos.
8 ) Know IT All have a fantastic animated video which teaches children about different aspects of Internet Safety.
9) BrainPOP also have a free video about Online Safety.
10) Kent Trust Web have a number of useful resources, documents and links to support schools.
Are you planning to get involved in Safer Internet Day this year? What activities will you be trying?