Our Teaching Appz site was only launched a few months ago, but the site has already had a fantastic response from teachers around the world. It currently features over 200 educational apps, all of which are organised into different subject and topic areas. If you haven’t seen the site already, take a look!
To celebrate the success of the site, I am very pleased to be able to announce The Great Teaching Appz Giveaway!
A number of educational app developers have kindly donated app codes to give away to readers of Teaching News and visitors to my Teaching Websites. The following apps are available to win:
* Numeracy Basics (iPad) – This app features an interactive clock, number square, multiplication square, 1 to 20 number track and times table list. It is designed for one to one and small group use with a number of different numeracy topics. Ten copies of this app are available as prizes.
* What Time is it Mr. Wolf? (iPad) - A clever and interactive way to help children tell the time. Watch as Mr. Wolf magically spins the clock on the face of the moon to ten random times and offers the player a choice of up to 8 answers. One copy of this app is available as a prize, which also includes a subscription to TPet activities which offers downloadable resources linked to this app and lots of other topics.
* Banana Hunt (iPad) – Estimate angles with Banana Hunt. Spin your monkey to the angle where the bananas are located. The more accurate you are, the more bananas you will find. Five copies of this app are available as prizes.
* Ghostblasters (iPad) - Blast those ghosts and learn your times tables with this great app. Try and score 100 hits as fast as you can by continuously tapping on ghosts which are a multiple of your chosen fact. Five copies of this app are available as prizes.
* Multiple Wipeout (iPad) – Choose the multiplication fact you need to practise from the front screen, and then pop all the balloons containing a multiple of that fact as fast as you can! Five copies of this app are available as prizes.
* Eggs on Legs (iPad) – Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills are all put to the test as you try to crack eggs hiding a digit. Five copies of this app are available as prizes.
* Foundation Stage Record Keeping (iOS / Android) - A simple and fun way to log children’s achievements against the EYFS profile, developed by 2Simple. Every child has an individual portfolio of achievements. Take photos for evidence, then tag them with children’s names and Foundation Stage targets. The app is free to download in limited form, but a year’s full access for one device (worth £99+VAT) is available as a prize in this competition.
This competition has now ended.