Teaching News aims to share the latest news, links and teaching ideas, in order to support teachers around the world.
The site was created by merging two existing teaching blogs:
- Primary Teacher UK – This blog was set up by Andrew Ross in 2005 and contained education-related news, suggested links and lots of useful information for teachers. After four years of regular updates, Andrew sadly decided to end the blog. However, he kindly allowed me to take over the site, so that I was able to ensure that all of his useful content (along with that of the other contributors to his blog) remained online.
- Teaching Blog – The Teaching Blog was originally created in May 2009 to accompany my own Teaching Ideas site, allowing me to share news and information about the site. I also added links to useful sites and shared teaching news as often as possible.
The content from both of these blogs was combined in September 2009, and it has been updated ever since.
The subject areas on the site are based on subjects commonly taught in the UK. Many of these use acronyms which, for those unfamiliar with them, are:
- ICT – Information and Communication Technology
- DT – Design Technology
- PE – Physical Education
- RE – Religious Education
- MFL – Modern Foreign Languages
- PSHE – Personal, Social and Health Education
Receive free updates…
Visit the site regularly to see the latest additions. You can also get free updates via:
- RSS – Add http://feeds.feedburner.com/TeachingNews to your feed reader.
- Email – Click this link to subscribe (for free).
This site is a number of Teaching Websites that I have created to support teachers with free educational material. I hope that you like it!
If you have any news, links or suggestions for new additions to this Teaching News site, please get in touch.