We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in May 2012.
The information that we collect and how we use it:
The Teaching News site does not collect any personal information from visitors who visit the site, read the ideas or download resources. However, visitors may share their personal information by interacting with the site in other ways:
- Online Story Submissions - Teachers, educators and other visitors can submit news stories to the site using the Submit a Story form. Any personal information and file uploads will be stored on the Teaching News server (hosted by 1and1) and will be deleted once the submissions have been reviewed. Personal information / file uploads will also be automatically forwarded to our Google Mail account (see information relating to ‘Email Submissions’ above). If your news story / event / link is used on Teaching News, your name will be published alongside it, unless you tell us that you would not like this information to be published.
The information that others collect:
The third party services used on Teaching News are:
- Google Analytics – Teaching News uses Google Analytics to track and monitor statistics about visitors to the site. You can read the Google Analytics Privacy Overview here. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, Google provide this browser add-on which you can install on your computers.
- Advertisers - In order to provide free news, ideas and educational links, Teaching News shows advertising, which is provided by Google Adsense. Read Google’s Privacy information and opt out of targeted advertising here.
- RSS / Email subscriptions - Visitors may subscribe to the site (for free) and receive the latest posts on Teaching News by RSS and / or email. This service is provided by Google Feedburner. Find out more about Google’s privacy principles at the Google Privacy Center.
- AddThis – Teaching News uses AddThis to allow users to save and share information that they find on the site. Read about Addthis’ Privacy and Data Practices here.
- Social Media – Teaching News uses a number of social networks to share ideas / information and to promote our resources. Each of these networks have their own privacy policies (i.e. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Embedded resources – A number of the resources on Teaching News may be embedded, with permission, from other third party services. Each of these services have their own privacy policies (i.e. Google Docs, Youtube, Vimeo and Slideshare).
Links to other websites:
Controlling your personal information:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.